Translate

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Study Ladder

Standards for the 21st-Century Learner:
2.11.4 Use technology and other information tools to analyze and organize information.
2.4.4 Develop directions for future investigations.
3.1.2 Participate and collaborate as members of a social and intellectual network of learners.

StudyLadder, geared for elementary and junior high/middle grades, lends itself to being an interesting, ready to use stock of activities to reinforce many content standards from a wide range of curricula. Many of the activities offer a game-like feeling, while building conceptual understanding. The site is also supportive of the flipped classroom concept, and a variety of different user account options are available, including parent accounts. Tip: Set up a station with a white board at a parent open house that showcases this site as something parents can use at home, too.

Students were introduced to Study Ladder last week.  They have their own accounts and I have created playlists for the students in all content areas.  This site allows me to monitor individual student progress that will help guide my instruction.

I am already hearing great feedback from the students. "I love study Ladder."  "It's so fun!"  "I think this is my favorite site and I just started using it today!"

Students should love learning and finding various avenues to create happy and engaged learners is a priority for teachers today.

www.studyladder.com

Team 16 families,
I would love any feedback from you if you had a chance to explore Study Ladder.
Thank you,
Susan Cherwinski



No comments:

Post a Comment